Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dinner, 1/3/12

On my trusty I-Phone, I have a lovely app called Epicurious, which collects recipes from different cooking magazines. Since my plans were derailed today by the 210 freeway (bunch of stuff flew off some construction vehicle, and four screws decided that they were in love with my four tires..... hence, I spent the afternoon at the Mini Cooper dealership instead of at the gym), I took a recipe from there and basically subjected it to the Trader Joe's test.  Here is my version:

One package of Trader Joe's Turkey Meatballs
 butter lettuce
shredded carrots
lightly salted cashews
one red pepper chopped into little pieces

two limes
1/2 tsp fish sauce
shredded fresh cilantro
Sriracha sauce

Directions: Heat the meatballs for 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  Set out the veggies and the nuts. (If you are fancy, this means put them in individual cups.  If you are me, this meant open the bags and get a dish for the chopped pepper.) Juice the limes, add the fish sauce.  Chop up enough cilantro to taste.  Add sriracha to taste.  Mix well. Use as dressing over the meatball salad.  Allow diners to assemble their own plates.

This actually turned out to be quick, easy, and good.  Here's to one dinner done!

No comments:

Post a Comment